Foiling is a relatively new evolution of surfing that is all the rage with water sports enthusiasts.
A foil surfboard (or hydrofoil board) is like a surf board except it is meant to ride above the water once in motion. Through pumping and riding a wave, a hydrofoil attached beneath the board by a mast makes lift (just like a wing on a plane) and lifts the board and rider up into the air for a ride like no other.
Since the foil creates way less drag than an entire board in the water (or a surf board), foiling allows for much more speed and much less need for powerful waves to rip on the water.
See our homepage for videos of foiling!
- Lessons run every day of the week.
- Let us know which day works best with you!
- Water bottle (stay hydrated!)
- GoPro/Waterproof camera case (optional)
- Those who are ages 12 and up are able to do book a lesson for any type of foiling.
- Absolutely no experience needed to book a lesson! We welcome everyone from all different skill levels!
- Lessons are perfect for beginners who want to learn how to foil, or those wanting to enhance their foiling technique.
- Everyone meets at The Foil Shop at the beginning of the lesson!
- Address: 1700 Pacific Coast Hwy, Seal Beach, CA 90740
- We try to schedule a day where the surf conditions are optimal for each lesson, so lesson times vary for the day of the lesson, but usually range from 7AM - 5PM.
- Our instructor will contact you beforehand to confirm time of the lesson with you!
- We equip you with everything to get out there and foil!
- We provide the board, foil, and leash.
- For eFoil lessons we also provide helmets and life vests.
- Transportation of equipment is also included!
Proficiency varies for each person! Those with surf/water sports experience may be able to learn more quickly than those without experience. However, practice is key to becoming a proficient foiler!
Contact us at (562)685-1884
We’re happy to answer any other questions you may have!